When you try to create a new schedule or change an existing schedule for the content source in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, you receive the following error message:
Access is denied
This issue occurs when the WSS_WPG group account does not have the correct permissions to the %windir%\Tasks folder on the computer that is running the Office SharePoint Server 2007 indexing service.
To work around this issue, you must add the WSS_WPG group to the Tasks folder. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Use an account that has administrative permissions to log on to the computer that is running the Office SharePoint Server 2007 indexing service.
2. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
attrib -s %windir%\tasks
4. In Windows Explorer, right-click the Tasks folder, and then click Properties.
5. In the Tasks Properties dialog box, click the Security tab, and then click Add
6. In the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box, type WSS_WPG in the Enter object names to select box, and then click OK.
7. Grant the following permissions for the WSS_WPG account, and then click OK:
8. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
9. In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, right-click ComputerName (local computer), click All Tasks, and then click Restart IIS.
10. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
11. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
attrib +s %windir%\tasks